Welcome to Churchdown Surgery
The practice was originally established in 1900 by a Dr R D Moore and moved to the present custom-built surgery in 1965. The surgery was extensively altered and expanded in 1984 and again in 1994.
The surgery premises are centrally placed in the practice area at St John’s Avenue, Churchdown in between the shopping parade and the dental surgery.
The practice includes nine doctors - eight partners, a salaried doctor, a practice manager - Mrs Trudy Morris, four practice nurses, two health care assistants, one phlebotomist, four medical secretaries, two administration assistants, a practice nurse administrator, two correspondence scanners, a reception lead and nine receptionists. A team of community-based district nurses, health visitors and midwives also work from within the practice.
Read the Practice Leaflet
We have suitable access for wheelchair users.
The practice has a disabled parking space outside the practice with dropped kerb access to the pavement opposite the main entrance, which has automatic doors to the ground floor. The practice does not have a lift. Doctors who have surgeries upstairs will always consult patients in a ground floor consulting room when required, please let reception know when booking an appointment.
Mission Statement & Values
We are a large practice with 13700+ patients situated in Churchdown, a large village situated between Gloucester and Cheltenham, and are proud to have been serving the area for over 100 years.
Read More Here